Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2022 TENTATIVE SEASON SCHEDULE!!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Agree on the Hallett backwards idea if possible. I've done it a couple times at track days and it's a blast!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I have not personally ridden Hallett backwards due to the hazards at the bus stop and how close the wall is exiting turn 1 heading to start finish, but maybe it is worth re-evaluating on its own merit. With that said I don't think the logic of "we already have 1 dangerous track so why not add another risky option" is the best way to go about it.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Coles View Post
    I have not personally ridden Hallett backwards due to the hazards at the bus stop and how close the wall is exiting turn 1 heading to start finish, but maybe it is worth re-evaluating on its own merit.
    From 2007 to 2011 we did run Hallett both directions. After several serious incidents we went back to CCW only.

The serious incidents were in the exact locations Kyle noted.

In T3 there are two major concerns. First is the location of the corner station. In a crash both rider and machine will end up in the station (this happened). The second is a run off crossing the track at the exit of T3 (this also happened).

In T1 there is a lack of runoff. There is less than 20 feet from the edge of the track to the tire wall. That tire wall covers a fence that is backed up to a berm that is a retaining wall for the tracks septic pond. In a strait off crash a rider and machine can end up over that tire wall and fence (this happened). In a late crash the rider and machine will likely end up in the tire wall or worse over the tire wall and in the septic pond.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Coles View Post
    With that said I don't think the logic of "we already have 1 dangerous track so why not add another risky option" is the best way to go about it.
    To be fair ALL racetracks are dangerous. That being said I agree.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Good to know. Is air fence not sufficient?
    Provisional Expert #98

I have been a victim of the turn 1 run off tire wall etc...twice! Not a fan

IMHO...3 HMRC dates will deter a lot of Houston and surrounding area folks to not go to at least 1-2 of those rounds. At a minimum 9-10 hours and the results of the current poll for premium race tracks, Barber @ 10-12 hours or COTA @ 2-3 hours seems to be a more viable solution. I'm merely speculating on the folks I know around the Houston area and what HMRC rounds they have attended in the past.

Status
    Novice
    Dirk, I feel the opposite and have heard from all CMRA guys I have discussed schedule with that 3 Hallett rounds bring smiles to faces of all my friends in DFW.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Anderson View Post
    IMHO...3 HMRC dates will deter a lot of Houston and surrounding area folks to not go to at least 1-2 of those rounds. At a minimum 9-10 hours and the results of the current poll for premium race tracks, Barber @ 10-12 hours or COTA @ 2-3 hours seems to be a more viable solution. I'm merely speculating on the folks I know around the Houston area and what HMRC rounds they have attended in the past.
    How do you think those in north Texas, and moreso, those north of the red river have felt about FOUR rounds at Houston this year and THREE each of the 3 years before that? It sucks, but they can't accommodate everyone. Houston racers have had it the easiest for awhile now.
    www.NavyChief.com, RideSmart, Pirelli Tires, OnRoad OffRoad, MotoLiberty, Alien Motion, Tank Tredz, DFWSportbikes.org

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Very few Houston riders have been turning out anywhere except Houston, even with 3 rounds there. And that's only if the weather looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Smith View Post
    How do you think those in north Texas, and moreso, those north of the red river have felt about FOUR rounds at Houston this year and THREE each of the 3 years before that? It sucks, but they can't accommodate everyone. Houston racers have had it the easiest for awhile now.
    I drive from tulsa. All the Houston rounds are difficult for me. so i get where they are coming from. We have guys in Oklahoma/Arkansas/kansas that only make the Hallett rounds too but if they only needed to drive to Houston once or twice in a season, they might be more inclined to race more of the series.