Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2022 TENTATIVE SEASON SCHEDULE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Dominguez View Post
    I have been a victim of the turn 1 run off tire wall etc...twice! Not a fan
    Turn one is not exactly a "safe runoff" in the CCW direction either. (That tire wall will always have a piece of my heart... and legs... and back.)

As noted, none of this is "safe," per se. So I'd be down to run it CW for a change of pace. But with the pavement as bumpy as it is now, I'm not particularly excited about Hallett either direction. But I feel similarly uncompelled to run MSRH for the same reasons. (I'm completely agnostic about track location.)

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Linker View Post
    Dirk, I feel the opposite and have heard from all CMRA guys I have discussed schedule with that 3 Hallett rounds bring smiles to faces of all my friends in DFW.
    Joel, I was referring to only the folks I know in Houston, I never said anything about DFW. The people in the DFW area have it the easiest as they are basically in the middle of HMRC/MSRH, I would expect those people to be fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Smith View Post
    How do you think those in north Texas, and moreso, those north of the red river have felt about FOUR rounds at Houston this year and THREE each of the 3 years before that? It sucks, but they can't accommodate everyone. Houston racers have had it the easiest for awhile now.
    I'm sure a lot of them share your sentiment. I live in Houston and I don't even like going to MSRH, never really cared for the layout. I don't have a dog in this fight anyways and was just mentioning that when the turnout isn't what was expected and fees go up again, maybe there are other alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasey Lewis View Post
    Very few Houston riders have been turning out anywhere except Houston, even with 3 rounds there. And that's only if the weather looks good.
    True, weather plays a big factor but I would surmise that happens everywhere. Don't know a lot of people who like racing in the R.
    So, now that you have been accepted to the BOD maybe you could come up with some ideas on how to solve low turnout.
    And as mentioned with the latest poll results, there might be alternatives out there.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Walter - Any idea when the TBA's may be firmed up or a cutoff date that if it isn't firmed up by dd/mm/yy, then we are going with the alternative?
    www.NavyChief.com, RideSmart, Pirelli Tires, OnRoad OffRoad, MotoLiberty, Alien Motion, Tank Tredz, DFWSportbikes.org

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Any updates on the TBA dates? I realize these things take time to iron out, just trying to plan as far ahead as possible for next year.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Entz View Post
    Any updates on the TBA dates? I realize these things take time to iron out, just trying to plan as far ahead as possible for next year.
    The 2022 schedule will be finalized this week.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Awesome! Thanks for all your work!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Is ECR official?
    CMRA #75
    TipToes and Tonka Trucks Endurance #75
    Special thanks to R&R Tool and Die, G-Baby Racing, Cafe Racer

Are the DATES on the schedule page confirmed? Cuzz they slightly differ from the dates on this thread.
    Need to schedule vacation time asap.