Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Fridays with 3:16 Trackdays

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Thomas View Post
    Walter,
    I noticed in another post, you stated an honest answer is only one to give a customer. I noticed you added MSRH to one of MK's questions, but he didnt ask about MSRH specifically...other than the curbing question. Is there a reason for that? Is it because airfence isnt deployed at some other tracks at CMRA events? Are those the same answers for other tracks they will be hosting a Friday TD before a CMRA event?
    Soft barriers are only deployed at MSRH and HMRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Thomas View Post
    Also, you mentioned something about this being the recommendation from the Finance Committe. If these events are poorly attended enough to change at MSRH and Cresson, why would the Finance Committe allow the club to continue to lose money at 3 other events? That is, at least, the way the schedule reads if im understanding it correctly.
    Operating costs vary from track to track. HMRC has the lowest overall operating cost and generally the largest turnouts for Friday practice. With that in mind it makes sense for the CMRA to continue to offer Friday practice at HMRC.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

So glad I popped in here! Needed a good laugh!
    Walter, sorry you're dealing with this stuff buddy... again...

[The inference that this is funny was sarcasm for those who are impaired]
    You're like a kid in a batman costume at Halloween....you think you're cute...and you think you're batman.
    -Author name withheld to protect the further embarrassment of the guilty

For this X-mas, all I want is for someone, anyone with 3:16 to actually answer or at least acknowledge the questions and concerns being brought up instead of copying and pasting the same response every 3 questions. I has been a month since this was brought up.

The racing season requires planning months ahead and I need to know if I (we, my kids) need to do track days the Thursday before or do race weekend Fridays. As of now I am 95% on not doing race weekend Friday’s, why? Because of the lack of answers.

I do not want to wait until that Friday to find out what you could of done for us on track.

Thank you Mr. Walker for responding to questions related to you, we really appreciate that.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    In my opinion, Ignacio has historically run a great track program. I honestly do have some concerns about this format, particularly the high lap times for the advanced group, but I hope that we can all work together to improve the format as needed. As with anything new, there'll be some trial and error but I'm keeping an open mind and I hope the 3:16 leadership is too, and we can make this something beneficial to both track day people and racers. At the end of the day if CMRA can't keep doing Friday practice, our options are 3:16 or nothing and I personally would much prefer including practice with 3:16 to a 2 day race weekend. I don't know what problems will arise or what the solutions to those problems are, but I want to give it a try and give 3:16 a chance to show us their format and if there are problems then I hope we can fix those.

This isn't directed at anyone in particular, not trying to step on anyone's toes, just some thoughts I had. I want to give 3:16 a chance before we all condemn it before it's even been tried.

Suggestions have been brought up to Ignacio and none have been recognized as Moses mentioned. In my opinion, he has been given a LARGE customer base which is a big deal. I, as a business owner, would have already acknowledged issues and concerns. The wait and see approach is not a good one. This is not hard to correct, but a hard headed approach will likely result in issues for all involved. Brandie Cox

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I want to clarify something about this that I read. Is 3:16 only doing the Fridays at MSR and MSRH weekends? CMRA will still be running Friday racer practice at HMRC?
    What about COTA and ECR, if those make it onto our schedule? Who will run the Friday’s at those tracks?
    CMRA #75
    TipToes and Tonka Trucks Endurance #75
    Special thanks to R&R Tool and Die, G-Baby Racing, Cafe Racer

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Harvey View Post
    I want to clarify something about this that I read. Is 3:16 only doing the Fridays at MSR and MSRH weekends? CMRA will still be running Friday racer practice at HMRC?
    What about COTA and ECR, if those make it onto our schedule? Who will run the Friday’s at those tracks?
    As noted in post #41 CMRA will be running the Friday practice at HMRC. At the request of management CMRA will also be running the Friday at ECR. COTA is unfortunately off the table for 2022.
    Last edited by Walter Walker; 12-02-2021 at 04:07 PM.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    I have asked 3:16 management to answer questions in this thread. Frankly he is hesitant to get involved in heated debates on this topic. To be fair this thread contains very few real questions and those questions have been answered. I would ask that those that have real questions please post them up and I will ask Ignacio to come in and answer those questions. Please try not to be confrontational if you don’t like the answer.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Walker View Post
    I have asked 3:16 management to answer questions in this thread. Frankly he is hesitant to get involved in heated debates on this topic. To be fair this thread contains very few real questions and those questions have been answered. I would ask that those that have real questions please post them up and I will ask Ignacio to come in and answer those questions. Please try not to be confrontational if you don’t like the answer.

Many, although some maybe worded more kindly than others, have posted VERY valid questions and concerns. It is a shame that this is not apparent. I am also sorry to hear that Ignacio is hesitant to get involved in this thread. I am usually laid back, but this, because it involves safety, has struck a cord with me. This all was a surprise to many of us and questions and concerns are expected.

Maybe I am too hard core, but I cannot see how this is so hard to want to discuss or "get involved." It is black and white- all that have posted are concerned about:

1) Track day riders and racers mixing

2) Lap time requirements

3) Safety issue as a result

The fix is simple. Separate the groups.... Ignoring the issue is what is causing this drama, not the people concerned. Brandie Cox

Having had first hand experience doing what Ignacio is stepping up to do, I'd like to offer some first hand experience information.

* Properly policed, mixing appropriate "street" riders and racers works just fine. The key is having good folks capable of policing and making changes on the fly if/when it becomes and issue.
    * Lap time requirements are nearly impossible to police at face value, but it's not hard to see when riders are off the pace- again, good staff is key.
    * 99 time of 100 the "safety" aspect of Friday practice/track days is never as bad as we make it out to be. Negative perceptions and worst case scenario mind sets change reality quite a bit.
    * Finally, some tough love... the people on the message boards are the vocal minority. The several people on here who are voicing their doom and gloom perspectives don't speak for a large group despite what their echo chambers tell them. Chances are outstanding that Ignacio will still sell out or get very close to selling out every Friday event that don't have bad weather and he can run the format that he believes will work the best for his business model.

I absolutely do not blame Ignacio for not getting on here. This place is a no-win location with online debates. Smart move Ignacio, don't engage anyone here, just run your business and stick with the "proof is in the pudding" model.
    You're like a kid in a batman costume at Halloween....you think you're cute...and you think you're batman.
    -Author name withheld to protect the further embarrassment of the guilty