Quote Originally Posted by Joel Linker View Post
Michael,
I personally do not believe the CMRA is a business, it is a club. Which is completely different! My opinion solely, but in 2018 I joined CMRA (and know you have been around since then competing as we have never met). But, as someone who spends 20% of your weekends with the organization, do you not see the CMRA more as family? No one is putting money in their pocket at the end of the day (beside the bare bones staff, who are probably under paid) if there was a profit after an event or annually. Yes, they provide a service to us (similar to a business). But, if CMRA did not provide the service, then who else who? Without driving 10 hours or more one way? I think the problem is that anyone who has been with CMRA for a few years should see the organization as a club, and not a business (family and friends orientated).
I am not trying to start conflict with you whatsoever. I am just stating that we, (CMRA) as a whole should not publicly bash changes that involve CMRA until an actual issue is present.
I understand what you’re saying, but think you’re perceiving what I was stating in previous posts as something else. I do enjoy the club and consider a lot of people in this club great friends. I’ve raced motorcycles my entire life. It’s hard for me to even name a “friend” that didn’t somehow evolve from 2 wheels.

Having said that, the main issue is money. As a business owner and having managed other businesses in the past, the mindset you’re stating is the fastest way to go broke. You can call it “club”, people don’t make money, etc. In the end, no money, no club. Has to be treated as a business.

To answer your question if the Cmra didn’t provide this we would drive 10 hours…. That wouldn’t be difficult. WERA or another org would be here very quickly. The racers will still have a place to race in Texas.

Again, I hope the club is successful and I’m passionate about it. That still doesn’t change my mind about the 3:16 deal. It’s a terrible format. Racers have chimed in, 3:16 instructors have reached out telling me they told Ignacio this would not work as well. Everyone will see by the first round. Hell, read the owner (Ignacio’s) response. Did he answer a single concern in this thread? And to be clear, I’m friends with Ignacio. We have never had a issue in the past.

Below are the 2 scenarios that will play out in 2022.

1. Bad turnout to 3:16 events and 3:16 pulls out after 1-2 “bad” events. How much cash do they have and can afford to lose? That’s a big one.

2. Complete cluster **** and format is changed 2-3 times. Results into frustrated racers and they potentially quit showing.