Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fridays with 3:16 Trackdays

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Roden View Post
    In my opinion this is the worst thing that could happen for new racers who need quality track time before a race. For myself I will now be much less likely to spend the money to race on Saturday where I have to spend a lot of money to get one 15 minute practice session and then one 6 lap race. At least on Sunday there are 2 practice sessions.

I've done quite a few 3:16 track days and they do a great job of limiting the number of entries per group. But they usually fill those slots very quickly. That's great for the track day riders but now how do we, CMRA racers, squeeze in? If I can't get descent track time on Friday I'm not going to spend the money to race on Saturday. At least not in Texas. All those extra trips to Hallet are looking better all the time.
    Michael,

I understand your concern but as noted above not enough racers are signing up for Friday RACER ONLY practice. A CHANGE HAS TO BE MADE. If you have any ideas to offer on how to get more racers to sign up then we are all ears. If not please consider giving this new format a chance to evolve before condemning it. As with everything adjustments will made along the way as needed.

let's give is a try before passing judgment.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Henke View Post
    It’s a Friday, so I think the track day guys will be limited. I like the idea we could introduce more people to racing, which we need. The plan seems fine, but I suspect it will need tuning. With the lap time limit (though it probably needs to come down), and that street guys will (should) be scared, I doubt there will be much issue there.

Walter basically said this, but I thought it worth repeating. Trashing the concept before even trying it doesn’t do anyone good. Think happy thoughts.
    We can think happy thoughts, but you know as well as I do this format will not work. I wish there had been another way or discussions with the members before going this direction. I wonder what a poll to all the licensed members would tell us about this change...

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Walker View Post
    Michael,

I understand your concern but as noted above not enough racers are signing up for Friday RACER ONLY practice. A CHANGE HAS TO BE MADE. If you have any ideas to offer on how to get more racers to sign up then we are all ears. If not please consider giving this new format a chance to evolve before condemning it. As with everything adjustments will made along the way as needed.

Then charge a higher price.

What rounds did we lose money at this year on Friday practice besides mother nature Friday's? Are you able to provide turnout/what the track rental for the day cost?

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Klesel View Post
    Then charge a higher price.

What rounds did we lose money at this year on Friday practice besides mother nature Friday's? Are you able to provide turnout/what the track rental for the day cost?
    Michael,

Quite a bit of thought went into this decision. raising Friday practice fees was discussed. We believe that raising prices again will likely drive entries down even further.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990

Michael,

I guess we’ll see.

But I think Iggy needs to add an additional class to go along with his “Love to Ride” and “Respect the Craft”. Maybe… “Loves to Whine About Racers Making Close Passes”.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Michael,

Quite a bit of thought went into this decision. raising Friday practice fees was discussed. We believe that raising prices again will likely drive entries down even further.
    In your opinion, if this format works, why didn’t the Cmra have these type of lap time requirements? Why did we change at cresson the rule in regards to practice back to novices with novices and experts with experts? It was safety.

I’m all for wanting the Cmra to be successful and thrive. But don’t sell me tickets to a certain movie and play something different.

One last thing, the price point is the same. $180. Will the same level of safety be provided to us practicing on Friday?

In your opinion, if this format works, why didn’t the Cmra have these type of lap time requirements? Why did we change at cresson the rule in regards to practice back to novices with novices and experts with experts? It was safety.

I’m all for wanting the Cmra to be successful and thrive. But don’t sell me tickets to a certain movie and play something different.

One last thing, the price point is the same. $180. Will the same level of safety be provided to us practicing on Friday?
    If I recall correctly at the riders meetings it was clearly stated it went back to novice and expert due to racers using both sessions, not using just the one they were actually supposed to be in and no way to control it. So they went back to just a novice session and an expert session. I dont recall any mention of "safety".

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Dominguez View Post
    If I recall correctly at the riders meetings it was clearly stated it went back to novice and expert due to racers using both sessions, not using just the one they were actually supposed to be in and no way to control it. So they went back to just a novice session and an expert session. I dont recall any mention of "safety".
    That’s pretty much it.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R

From the original post in this thread.

$150 - Pre Registration
    $185 - 10 Days Before
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    From the original post in this thread.
    If we don’t pre register, the price point is basically the same.

My question is, will the level of safety be the same as it’s been? Or is 316 eliminating some of that to reduce cost for themselves?