Thread: 2001 CBR600F4i For Sale

2001 CBR600F4i For Sale

2001 CBR600F4i in North Dallas, TX area.

I stopped riding a several years ago after my twins were born. Currently the bike does not run but was running fine the last time I rode it. It will turn over and the fuel pump does prime. I was able to get it started a couple of times but I had to hold the throttle open to keep it running and it would hold 1900 rpm with the throttle wide open.

$1,500. I need it out of my garage so I can get to other projects. Hopefully it can go to someone who can fix and enjoy it.

21xxx Miles
    Black (Originally Silver/Black)
    Does not start/run

Fresh paint job (1 year @ Thanksgiving)
    Brand new battery
    Fresh plugs
    Fresh Oil change with K&N Oil Filter
    Power Commander III
    ProSet Rearsets
    Chain and sprockets (factory) replaced within 500 miles
    K&N Air Filter
    Frame Sliders
    Steel brake lines
    Yoshimura slip-on
    Custom undertail
    LED brake/turn light
    Pilot Power 2CT tires about 2k miles on the front and less than 500 on the rear. I don't see any rot on them but I would give them a good check as they are old.

All stock parts come with the bike.

The bike always been kept in the garage and well maintained until I stopped riding. I decided to get it painted in preparation for sale about a year ago and finally got around to trying to get it running this fall. Life always gets in the way. I replaced the fuel pump assembly as the hoses were rotted from being dry while out of the tank with a known working assembly. As a result it fouled the plugs while trying to get it started. I replaced the plugs, checked the coils, changed the oil, brand new battery and then checked the sensors from the initial codes that I was seeing. Everything was in spec and made me think that it was the ECM so I picked up a known working tested unit and am in the same place.

This will make a good project and bike for someone. I have pictures that I can send on request.

Thanks for looking.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Posting pictures of the bike will certainly help you sell this bike. I am assuming you are negotiable because the less than stellar condition of the bike currently.
    Expert #84
    Owner - TMP Motorcycle Parts & TMP Racing
    CMRA BOD - 2018-2020

PM Sent.

race prepped? Title? thanks pat in plano