Thread: East Dallas / Garland area mechanic recommendations (carb cleaning & jetting)

East Dallas / Garland area mechanic recommendations (carb cleaning & jetting)

My little cousin just bought his first motorcycle, a pristine Ninja 250 with just 4500 miles.
    On the downside, it's been sitting most of its life and the carb needs a thorough cleaning and also needs to be re-jetted for the Yosh slip-on.
    And the gas needs to be flushed and other fluids changed.

He's a good kid who want to learn how to ride but he's got almost no budget at all.
    I need to find him someone who'll be trustworthy and fair with their pricing.
    Any suggestions?

I'm from Austin area and not familiar with Dallas techs.
    I know a lot of you used to race these little carbed Ninjas.

He's near Garland.

Also, if anyone wants to donate their old yosh low-volume insert, his neighbors would love you for it.

Hi Eddie,

This is a good opportunity for him to learn to work on his own motorcycle. I would encourage him to get the manual and watch some youtube videos. I have had to do the same with my bike and he could learn a lot and this would also give him great pride in his ride. Cheers, Brandie Cox

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Austin View Post
    My little cousin just bought his first motorcycle, a pristine Ninja 250 with just 4500 miles.
    On the downside, it's been sitting most of its life and the carb needs a thorough cleaning and also needs to be re-jetted for the Yosh slip-on.
    And the gas needs to be flushed and other fluids changed.

He's a good kid who want to learn how to ride but he's got almost no budget at all.
    I need to find him someone who'll be trustworthy and fair with their pricing.
    Any suggestions?

I'm from Austin area and not familiar with Dallas techs.
    I know a lot of you used to race these little carbed Ninjas.

He's near Garland.
    Eddie,

If you can't find anyone in your area I'll be happy to get it going for you. I'm in Waco.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Thanks guys, but this is his only means of transportation other than borrowing his Mom's van.
    I don't know my little Cousin's skills well enough to recommend he start fiddling with a carb without experience.
    And I'm a 6.5 hour round trip away by motorcycle.

Walter, thank you but he's in East Dallas.
    Too far to have you ride/drive up there but I really appreciate the offer.

Nobody has any recommendations on a tech in East Dallas, or somewhere in Dallas??
    I'll go ahead and start calling around for shops.