Thread: FS: 2006 Suzuki SV650S Race/Track Bike

FS: 2006 Suzuki SV650S Race/Track Bike

For sale is a 2006 Suzuki SV650S model race/track bike with 23,800 miles on the odometer, most of them on the street. It was raced at Hallett a couple of times by the original owner, then a handful of track days by the second owner. I was going to do coaching on it this year, but decided to go a different direction. It has Traxxion AK-20 cartridges in the forks, and a Penske shock with remote reservoir, preload, compression, rebound and ride height adjustment. The bike is fully safety wired and CMRA tech-ready.

The bike has a Yoshimura slip-on exhaust system with a short carbon canister, and a K&N filter in the stock airbox. It has braided brake lines and good pads front and rear. I converted the bike to ‘sit-up’ style, with K&N superbike handlebars in a standard SV650 top triple clamp, so it can be ridden all day long during track days, with an oil containment lower mounted. The Woodcraft clip-ons and handlebars, full upper and lower fairing and front bracket all come with the bike if you want to convert it back. The bike has Vortex rear sets, a brand new DID 520 ERT3 gold chain, new sprockets, a front brake guard, adjustable front brake and clutch levers, an aluminum fork brace and a steering damper mounted behind the front number plate. It also has a keyless gas cap, a Woodcraft key switch elimination harness, and a pigtail battery connector for a trickle charger.

It has a new AGM battery and a brand new, never used fresh set of Dunlop 120/165 slicks on it. I didn’t plan on teaching or racing in the rain. The bike has a new fuel pump and the compression and valve clearances have all been checked, and all are in spec. The bolt-on side stand can be used for track days, then removed for racing.

It has a clean Texas title.

This bike has been gone through from front to back and is ready to go!

$4,900

Call, email, text or PM me.

Bill Syfan
    817 fivetwotwo 2241
    bsyfan at gmail dot com

Name:  IMG_3809.JPG
Views: 1368
Size:  3.72 MB

Name:  IMG_3808.JPG
Views: 609
Size:  3.65 MB

Name:  IMG_3810.JPG
Views: 559
Size:  3.84 MB

Name:  IMG_3811.JPG
Views: 563
Size:  4.10 MB

Name:  IMG_3812.JPG
Views: 513
Size:  3.71 MB

Name:  IMG_3813.JPG
Views: 525
Size:  4.21 MB

Name:  IMG_3814.JPG
Views: 484
Size:  1.96 MB

Name:  IMG_3816.JPG
Views: 498
Size:  2.37 MB

Name:  IMG_3817.JPG
Views: 488
Size:  2.10 MB

Name:  IMG_3818.JPG
Views: 497
Size:  2.74 MB

Name:  IMG_3819.JPG
Views: 490
Size:  4.42 MB

Name:  IMG_3821.JPG
Views: 485
Size:  2.19 MB

I am 99% certain that is my old bike, I sold it almost 10 years ago, wow! Everything matches, from the frame slider cut out in the fairings, to the rearsets, grip color, suspension mods, and all. I was stationed at Vance AFB and rode at Hallett a lot, can't say I was ever a racer though.

I'd attach a picture from the day I sold it but can't figure out how on these forums.

What a blast from the past, and it's looking good!

Yes, this was your bike! The bike came to me fully safety wired, so I assumed you did some racing. Your buyer David did a few track days on it and had the suspension refreshed while he had it.

Thanks for the info.

Bill

Very cool. I asked Jim Cambora to safety wire everything when it was there for its suspension/fluid refreshes.

It was well maintained when I had it, oil changes every 2-4 track days and as mentioned above, suspension and other installs professionally done by JC.

Free bump. Hope it goes to a good home!
    Last edited by Eric Lewine; 06-10-2022 at 10:14 AM.

Price lowered to $4,500. I can deliver the bike and spares to the CMRA round at Motor Sport Ranch this weekend.

*** SOLD ***