Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictures wanted from OHR race 5

Pictures wanted from OHR race 5

Did anyone get a picture of Chris's "#36" off track excursion between turn 5 and the front straight?
    I'd love to frame that one.
    Patrick Stohrer - what kind of idiot will purposely lay down a bike after missing turn 5??
    Almost every rider that I've ever seen run off of the track in that area got banged up pretty bad. Also the rider comming off of turn 8 was slowing down because Fred Chapman had the presence of mind to jump out there and warn him. Chris also saw the rider comming off of turn 8 and was not going to hit him. Where did you get the 18" from?
    Speaking of good riding, I've never seen a young rider like Zack Chapman progress that fast. Last year he wasn't even in the hunt in the SV novice classes, now he's running off with rookie of the year and running in the top 3 or therabouts in total points. Unless I missed someone's lap times, both Zack and Chris got their production legal SV's into the 1.27's this past Sunday. Thats 3 seconds faster than Chris has ever gone there. I'm pretty sure that 3 seconds can be attributed to Marcus McBain's directions from the week before last. Sometimes the young guys can learn from the old timers!! Thanks Marcus

Pictures wanted from OHR race 5

Did anyone get a picture of Chris's "#36" off track excursion between turn 5 and the front straight?
    I'd love to frame that one.
    Patrick Stohrer - what kind of idiot will purposely lay down a bike after missing turn 5??
    Almost every rider that I've ever seen run off of the track in that area got banged up pretty bad. Also the rider comming off of turn 8 was slowing down because Fred Chapman had the presence of mind to jump out there and warn him. Chris also saw the rider comming off of turn 8 and was not going to hit him. Where did you get the 18" from?
    Speaking of good riding, I've never seen a young rider like Zack Chapman progress that fast. Last year he wasn't even in the hunt in the SV novice classes, now he's running off with rookie of the year and running in the top 3 or therabouts in total points. Unless I missed someone's lap times, both Zack and Chris got their production legal SV's into the 1.27's this past Sunday. Thats 3 seconds faster than Chris has ever gone there. I'm pretty sure that 3 seconds can be attributed to Marcus McBain's directions from the week before last. Sometimes the young guys can learn from the old timers!! Thanks Marcus

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

Re: Pictures wanted from OHR race 5

I dont know what Chris should have or should not have done. I do however know that you are extremely lucky to still have a son this morning.

I for one think the tire wall should be extended so he would have hit that instead of crossing perpendicular to the front straight.
    Expert #325
    Boulder, Colorado

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

I dont know what Chris should have or should not have done. I do however know that you are extremely lucky to still have a son this morning.

I for one think the tire wall should be extended so he would have hit that instead of crossing perpendicular to the front straight.
    Expert #325
    Boulder, Colorado

Blog Entries

Sorry but, the rider out of 8 thought the guy crossing the track was just "crossing the track". He didn't slow down and he thought the guy was nuts to try to cross right in front of him.

I also think we need to extend the tire wall to keep the guys that can't stay on the track from crossing the front straight.
    VonHertell.com
    Road & Track Suspension
    CMRA BOD 2000-2003

Blog Entries

Sorry but, the rider out of 8 thought the guy crossing the track was just "crossing the track". He didn't slow down and he thought the guy was nuts to try to cross right in front of him.

I also think we need to extend the tire wall to keep the guys that can't stay on the track from crossing the front straight.
    VonHertell.com
    Road & Track Suspension
    CMRA BOD 2000-2003

In the heat of the moment, I don't know that many people would have had the presence of mind to lowside a bike to avoid a worse catastrophe. Chris did, however pass the worst part of going off track at 5, the steep incline. After that, it's pretty clear.

I was watching from the start/finish shack and the guy going into turn 1 didn't look like he slowed down at all.

Chris didn't miss the turn, he was pushed off by another rider (X) that didn't know he was there. The rider X and someone else (both shall remain nameless) were playing some sort of childish bullcrap while racing. Shame on both of you. Smack it up on the board and in the pits, but keep it clean while on the tarck.
    Derek Heaton
    Chief Technical Inspector/Grid Marshal (retired)

In the heat of the moment, I don't know that many people would have had the presence of mind to lowside a bike to avoid a worse catastrophe. Chris did, however pass the worst part of going off track at 5, the steep incline. After that, it's pretty clear.

I was watching from the start/finish shack and the guy going into turn 1 didn't look like he slowed down at all.

Chris didn't miss the turn, he was pushed off by another rider (X) that didn't know he was there. The rider X and someone else (both shall remain nameless) were playing some sort of childish bullcrap while racing. Shame on both of you. Smack it up on the board and in the pits, but keep it clean while on the tarck.
    Derek Heaton
    Chief Technical Inspector/Grid Marshal (retired)

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

I was right behind the two idiots, and am biting my tongue to let them remain nameless. As a newb, I'll however respect and follow Derek's lead in that regard. It was probably the most irresponsible motorcycle riding I've seen in my life, and certainly the worst in the CMRA, which I"ve come to know as such a _Great_ group.

It certainly ruined the race for me and made me feel my entry fee was a total waste. I passed the moron on the motard once, deciding I was going to clear out and not be around for any possible ensuing carnage. However, being weak and wimpy in T4 I was repassed and ended up in the middle of these two children's tiff again. I eventually just called the race a wash and dropped back and watched from afar. The guy on the motard was WAY out of line. I think he was pursposely trying to hose the guy on the little bike, but unfortunately, nearly got me instead.
    He even put his hand up coming onto the main straight and hugged the inside as exiting the track, and then darted back to the outside at the last second. Almost took me out again. That's when I decided to just hang back. It was later than next lap when the motard ran the bike off at T5. Had the involved riders (the tiffers, not #36) been paying attention to racing instead of yelling, weaving, and gesturing at one another in the middle of the race, then the motard would have been much less likely to run someone off, endangering him and the rest of his fellow racers. This was NOT a normal racing incident and should not have happened. Someone owes a BUNCH of people, a really big apology. All hyperbole aside, it was both shocking and sickening to watch. I'd never have believed it possible if I hadn't had a front row seat for the whole damn thing. Two things kept going through my mind during the race. "Unbelievable" and "Don't get to near them - it's not going to end pretty" And it almost ended very very ugly for some innocent bystanders.

I still can't believe it.

???

Shameful
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]
    OnRoad OffRoad Suspension - Ktech, JRI, Penske, Öhlins, MUPO, GP Suspension, RaceTech

512 636 0960
    www.ororcycle.com

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

I was right behind the two idiots, and am biting my tongue to let them remain nameless. As a newb, I'll however respect and follow Derek's lead in that regard. It was probably the most irresponsible motorcycle riding I've seen in my life, and certainly the worst in the CMRA, which I"ve come to know as such a _Great_ group.

It certainly ruined the race for me and made me feel my entry fee was a total waste. I passed the moron on the motard once, deciding I was going to clear out and not be around for any possible ensuing carnage. However, being weak and wimpy in T4 I was repassed and ended up in the middle of these two children's tiff again. I eventually just called the race a wash and dropped back and watched from afar. The guy on the motard was WAY out of line. I think he was pursposely trying to hose the guy on the little bike, but unfortunately, nearly got me instead.
    He even put his hand up coming onto the main straight and hugged the inside as exiting the track, and then darted back to the outside at the last second. Almost took me out again. That's when I decided to just hang back. It was later than next lap when the motard ran the bike off at T5. Had the involved riders (the tiffers, not #36) been paying attention to racing instead of yelling, weaving, and gesturing at one another in the middle of the race, then the motard would have been much less likely to run someone off, endangering him and the rest of his fellow racers. This was NOT a normal racing incident and should not have happened. Someone owes a BUNCH of people, a really big apology. All hyperbole aside, it was both shocking and sickening to watch. I'd never have believed it possible if I hadn't had a front row seat for the whole damn thing. Two things kept going through my mind during the race. "Unbelievable" and "Don't get to near them - it's not going to end pretty" And it almost ended very very ugly for some innocent bystanders.

I still can't believe it.

???

Shameful
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]
    OnRoad OffRoad Suspension - Ktech, JRI, Penske, Öhlins, MUPO, GP Suspension, RaceTech

512 636 0960
    www.ororcycle.com