Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question for the old timers: Falt, Mcbain, etc.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

Question for the old timers: Falt, Mcbain, etc.

No, I am not thinking about doing this, just curious.

Does anybody recall any team attempting to run BB endurance on a two stroke? If so, what bike was it and can you remember how it went?
    Expert #325
    Boulder, Colorado

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

Question for the old timers: Falt, Mcbain, etc.

No, I am not thinking about doing this, just curious.

Does anybody recall any team attempting to run BB endurance on a two stroke? If so, what bike was it and can you remember how it went?
    Expert #325
    Boulder, Colorado

Status
    Expert
    Blog Entries

Re: Question for the old timers: Falt, Mcbain, etc.

Been a lot of teams that have done that. RZ350's regularly competed. Overall I would say it will not be your best bet to finish...well [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
    Marcus McBain
    Market Manager - United States
    JRi Shocks LLC

Status
    Expert
    Blog Entries

Been a lot of teams that have done that. RZ350's regularly competed. Overall I would say it will not be your best bet to finish...well [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
    Marcus McBain
    Market Manager - United States
    JRi Shocks LLC

Status
    Expert

The RZ's were stock machines and not very high performance like the curren 'racing' 2 strokes. I would hate to think of highsiding after a piston seized! Maintenance issues would also be a detriment.
    Eric

Status
    Expert

The RZ's were stock machines and not very high performance like the curren 'racing' 2 strokes. I would hate to think of highsiding after a piston seized! Maintenance issues would also be a detriment.
    Eric

Dennie asked if I could post this. Her IS your answer. [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Jeff Crawford, BB Montemayor and I ran an RZ-350 in '84, '85, and '86. We won the #4 CMRA plate in '85 with a production RZ. We also came in second nationally in WERA LW in '85 without running a 24 hour race. The first and third place teams both ran a 24 hour race. We won our class and 8th overall at the Road Atlanta GNF 6 hour endurance, beating all the 600cc bikes. There were over 70 bikes entered in the race. The grid was so big that we were gridded half way between the bridge and the last turn. No break downs EVER except a silencer fell off in 1986 after we put on some chambers and let Bert Humble breath on our engine. We still won our class. My own dealer told me the bike wouldn't last! Don't listen to the nay sayers. We didn't and we won.

Dennie </div></div>
    WRW Racing Mini Endurance

Dennie asked if I could post this. Her IS your answer. [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Jeff Crawford, BB Montemayor and I ran an RZ-350 in '84, '85, and '86. We won the #4 CMRA plate in '85 with a production RZ. We also came in second nationally in WERA LW in '85 without running a 24 hour race. The first and third place teams both ran a 24 hour race. We won our class and 8th overall at the Road Atlanta GNF 6 hour endurance, beating all the 600cc bikes. There were over 70 bikes entered in the race. The grid was so big that we were gridded half way between the bridge and the last turn. No break downs EVER except a silencer fell off in 1986 after we put on some chambers and let Bert Humble breath on our engine. We still won our class. My own dealer told me the bike wouldn't last! Don't listen to the nay sayers. We didn't and we won.

Dennie </div></div>

Oh, btw, "Dennie" is Dennie Spears, an old fart fast guy from back in the day, if you didn't know.

Oh, btw, "Dennie" is Dennie Spears, an old fart fast guy from back in the day, if you didn't know.