Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: I don’t get it? Please help me understand.

Re: I don’t get it? Please help me understand.

I like God. And Chips Ahoy. And lime green mohawks. And Jimmy C, even though he eats meat.

Hey Cordray, pass the popcorn.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Settle it in the dirt. It's a higher form of mud slinging....</div></div>Oh dang.
    Crash
    <ul>[*]Member of the Px5![/list]

I like God. And Chips Ahoy. And lime green mohawks. And Jimmy C, even though he eats meat.

Hey Cordray, pass the popcorn.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Settle it in the dirt. It's a higher form of mud slinging....</div></div>Oh dang.
    Crash
    <ul>[*]Member of the Px5![/list]

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

John, is that a 1/4 mile dirt track or a 1.4 mile dirt track. Most dirt tracks are oval unless they are called TT tracks. I have raced on a few one mile dirt tracks and they were fun on a 100 hp Harley Davidson XR750. I'm not sure how much fun a 1.4 mile dirt track is going to be on a TTR125. Seems like a lot of wide open throttle. LOL!!! :p
    Private lessons available at MSR and ECR
    One on One or groups up to 5 students
    Email typhoonpowersports@yahoo.com or visit me on Facebook.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

John, is that a 1/4 mile dirt track or a 1.4 mile dirt track. Most dirt tracks are oval unless they are called TT tracks. I have raced on a few one mile dirt tracks and they were fun on a 100 hp Harley Davidson XR750. I'm not sure how much fun a 1.4 mile dirt track is going to be on a TTR125. Seems like a lot of wide open throttle. LOL!!! :p
    Private lessons available at MSR and ECR
    One on One or groups up to 5 students
    Email typhoonpowersports@yahoo.com or visit me on Facebook.

Aaaand.. just for Keith..

Can we close the topic now on this happy note?

Aaaand.. just for Keith..

Can we close the topic now on this happy note?

Blog Entries

VonHertell.com
    Road &amp; Track Suspension
    CMRA BOD 2000-2003

Blog Entries

VonHertell.com
    Road &amp; Track Suspension
    CMRA BOD 2000-2003

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Ty Howard:
    John, is that a 1/4 mile dirt track or a 1.4 mile dirt track. Most dirt tracks are oval unless they are called TT tracks. I have raced on a few one mile dirt tracks and they were fun on a 100 hp Harley Davidson XR750. I'm not sure how much fun a 1.4 mile dirt track is going to be on a TTR125. Seems like a lot of wide open throttle. LOL!!! :p </div></div>Actually, I have a 1.4 mile old school MX track and two flat tracks. One flat track is about 110' end to end with 20' radius (to the center of the track) bowls (with an X in the center to work on both directions), and the other is about 80' end to end with 18' radius. Got water, waterer, 60" 3 pt roto tiller, 2 drags, and 500 # water filled roller.

The MX track has some deep sand, some ruts, threads through woods in areas, 45' of elevation change overall, some hard packed clay, a couple of sets of chicanes, all varieties of camber, and a nice sandy carousel. Call it an MX track without the jumps....the kind of terrain I liked back when I rode enduro bikes with 3 & 1/2" of suspension travel.
    I wish I lived in theory... everything works there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Ty Howard:
    John, is that a 1/4 mile dirt track or a 1.4 mile dirt track. Most dirt tracks are oval unless they are called TT tracks. I have raced on a few one mile dirt tracks and they were fun on a 100 hp Harley Davidson XR750. I'm not sure how much fun a 1.4 mile dirt track is going to be on a TTR125. Seems like a lot of wide open throttle. LOL!!! :p </div></div>Actually, I have a 1.4 mile old school MX track and two flat tracks. One flat track is about 110' end to end with 20' radius (to the center of the track) bowls (with an X in the center to work on both directions), and the other is about 80' end to end with 18' radius. Got water, waterer, 60" 3 pt roto tiller, 2 drags, and 500 # water filled roller.

The MX track has some deep sand, some ruts, threads through woods in areas, 45' of elevation change overall, some hard packed clay, a couple of sets of chicanes, all varieties of camber, and a nice sandy carousel. Call it an MX track without the jumps....the kind of terrain I liked back when I rode enduro bikes with 3 & 1/2" of suspension travel.
    I wish I lived in theory... everything works there.