Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech clarifications, oil filters and bellypans

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

Re: Tech clarifications, oil filters and bellypans

Thanks both.
    Look forward to the pix David.
    I don't want to end up in the problem child category with Kevin or the Dereks.
    OnRoad OffRoad Suspension - Ktech, JRI, Penske, Öhlins, MUPO, GP Suspension, RaceTech

512 636 0960
    www.ororcycle.com

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

Thanks both.
    Look forward to the pix David.
    I don't want to end up in the problem child category with Kevin or the Dereks.
    OnRoad OffRoad Suspension - Ktech, JRI, Penske, Öhlins, MUPO, GP Suspension, RaceTech

512 636 0960
    www.ororcycle.com

Roger-
    Sorry for the delay, I kinda forgot about this thread... Derek, I hope you don't mind the slight threadjack.

Here are a couple of pics:

From the bottom:

From the right side: (Note the safety wire is actually attached to two small bolts, holding them in place as well. Some clever previous owner did this.)

Roger-
    Sorry for the delay, I kinda forgot about this thread... Derek, I hope you don't mind the slight threadjack.

Here are a couple of pics:

From the bottom:

From the right side: (Note the safety wire is actually attached to two small bolts, holding them in place as well. Some clever previous owner did this.)

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

Thanks David. I too apologize if this was a threadjack. I'm hoping given the number of SVs, and the number of relatively new folks on them, that it's ok and useful though. I now have mine like that, and have an idea for an even more parallel one using the starter bracket. That soft metal drills like lemon merengue.
    Mmmmm. Piiiiiie.

512 636 0960
    www.ororcycle.com

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

Thanks David. I too apologize if this was a threadjack. I'm hoping given the number of SVs, and the number of relatively new folks on them, that it's ok and useful though. I now have mine like that, and have an idea for an even more parallel one using the starter bracket. That soft metal drills like lemon merengue.
    Mmmmm. Piiiiiie.

512 636 0960
    www.ororcycle.com

Roger - I don't tech bikes. I think you have me and Heaton confused.

Roger - I don't tech bikes. I think you have me and Heaton confused.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

Sorry NNNolden, but I got out my protractor and I'm measuring a 21.5 deg angle between that safety wire and the tangent to the oil filter hose clamp. I'm gonna have to protest your entry at the next race. Sorry.

And you call yourself a chemist/metallurgist/computer network expert/safety wirer extraordinairre/HI Express stayer.... Sheesh. [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
    David B.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

Sorry NNNolden, but I got out my protractor and I'm measuring a 21.5 deg angle between that safety wire and the tangent to the oil filter hose clamp. I'm gonna have to protest your entry at the next race. Sorry.

And you call yourself a chemist/metallurgist/computer network expert/safety wirer extraordinairre/HI Express stayer.... Sheesh. [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
    David B.