Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech clarifications, oil filters and bellypans

Re: Tech clarifications, oil filters and bellypans

just wanna make sure---does this nonsense include my '03 636???
    "Fear is your only God" RATM

just wanna make sure---does this nonsense include my '03 636???
    "Fear is your only God" RATM

Dave... I never said the safety wire was perpendicular to the axis of the cylinder (oil filter). While I admit that pulling in a 22 degree angle is not optimal, the perpendicular component is still worth 96 percent of the magnitude of the vector (safety wire), whatever that may be. I think 96 percent efficiency is acceptable in this case...

Dave... I never said the safety wire was perpendicular to the axis of the cylinder (oil filter). While I admit that pulling in a 22 degree angle is not optimal, the perpendicular component is still worth 96 percent of the magnitude of the vector (safety wire), whatever that may be. I think 96 percent efficiency is acceptable in this case...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by wes kane:
    just wanna make sure---does this nonsense include my '03 636??? </div></div>If your filter is mounted on the oil cooler, yes. But, ALL bikes must use hose clamps. I will no longer let anyone through tech with the top nut on a K&N filter or a factory spec oil filter clamp.
    Derek Heaton
    Chief Technical Inspector/Grid Marshal (retired)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by wes kane:
    just wanna make sure---does this nonsense include my '03 636??? </div></div>If your filter is mounted on the oil cooler, yes. But, ALL bikes must use hose clamps. I will no longer let anyone through tech with the top nut on a K&N filter or a factory spec oil filter clamp.
    Derek Heaton
    Chief Technical Inspector/Grid Marshal (retired)

Bite him Dino...!

Bite him Dino...!

binskies

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by NNNolden:
    Dave... I never said the safety wire was perpendicular to the axis of the cylinder (oil filter). While I admit that pulling in a 22 degree angle is not optimal, the perpendicular component is still worth 96 percent of the magnitude of the vector (safety wire), whatever that may be. I think 96 percent efficiency is acceptable in this case... </div></div>Blah, blah, blah, blah...........blah [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

binskies

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by NNNolden:
    Dave... I never said the safety wire was perpendicular to the axis of the cylinder (oil filter). While I admit that pulling in a 22 degree angle is not optimal, the perpendicular component is still worth 96 percent of the magnitude of the vector (safety wire), whatever that may be. I think 96 percent efficiency is acceptable in this case... </div></div>Blah, blah, blah, blah...........blah [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]