Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: 2020 CMRA Schedule!! (REVISED AND FINAL!)

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I Feel like I would be happier if we did big bikes on sat and small bikes on Sunday. This way I don't have to sit around all day saturday hundreds of thousand miles away from home and I could get home earlier on Sunday or even sat night.

Let's mix it up and be unconventional next year. I feel like if the little bikes are that they should have the prime Sunday exposure.

#slownovicelivesmatter

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Walker View Post
    Coming soon!
    Looking forward to this also...trying to make endurance team plans, but this information is needed to move forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    EX #51
    Village Idiots #1 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017
    CMRA Board of Directors 2010-2014; 2016-2018

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Dominguez View Post
    52yrs of living 28 yrs on police dept, I can tell you for sure you never know what people will do or follow thru on what they say.
    But had 4 at the last round at MSRH and 2 more at the final Superteams race at MSR, after I took over the microphone and better explained the rules at the trophy presentation, ask. I also feel that solo 30 and superteams would increase if the sat/sun schedule went back with ultralights/mini on sat and big bikes on sunday
    Quote Originally Posted by dean webster View Post
    I also feel that solo 30 and superteams would increase if the sat/sun schedule went back with ultralights/mini on sat and big bikes on sunday

Bingo��
    Agreed

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Any word on the make up of the 2020 schedule? Will there be a Super Teams in 2020, trying to put together 1 or 2 Prov Nov teams.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorke Oldfather View Post
    Any word on the make up of the 2020 schedule? Will there be a Super Teams in 2020, trying to put together 1 or 2 Prov Nov teams.
    I'll be 100% honest on this. The cost per hour to run Superteams this season was much higher than the income that was generated by Superteams. We needed 6 additional teams at every event in 2019 just to break even on the event costs. That doesn't include the monthly overhead that must be factored into everything we do.

We believe that the concept of Superteams is sound but as of yet it just hasn't taken off.
    What caused this?
    1) Lack of understanding of the rules. (Competitors and Officials)
    2) Not promoting the series properly.
    3) Lack of interest.
    4) A combination of all of the above.

Superteams might just need more time to catch on but as stated above time is money.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Blog Entries
    I’m hopeful that the club puts together a concerted effort to get the word out about the SuperTeam’s race, how it works, who can participate and what bikes are eligible to be run.

The entire idea was designed to be the most simple track time with as few rules as possible at an affordable cost point for members. The rules accomplished exactly that, however there isn’t enough of an understanding of who and what can participate.

This lack of understanding of how SuperTeams works was further compounded by officials incorrectly clarifying rules and questions from members who wanted to participate but were wrongly told no. I appreciate Walters acknowledgement of this specific issue and I’m sure that this is being addressed.

I’m hearing that big bike sprints may be moved back to Sunday. I think this would further encourage SuperTeams entries since it would be the primary riding option on Saturday for big bikes.

I’m not aware of another proposal that’s on the table to replace SuperTeams on the non endurance weekends. Maybe there is a really good one in the works, however, it would be great to see what seems to be a significant value in the SuperTeams race given the necessary focus and encouragement for a chance to succeed before it gets pulled from the Saturday program.

Looking forward to the schedule updates to come. Thanks to those putting in the time to make the CMRA be successful.

EX #51
    Village Idiots #1 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017
    CMRA Board of Directors 2010-2014; 2016-2018

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Thanks for the reply Walter and John. I've been kicking around the idea of fielding 1 or 2 Super Teams, comprised of Prov Nov's and newer novices. As a way to get some new riders into the club, and mentor them and make the transition from track day to racing a bit smoother, give them a clearer picture. I have mostly 1 team filled with verbal commitments. And Jay Bullard has offered to Captain/Team Owner a 2nd team as the first fills out.

When I started racing, I was on a team of 1 expert and 4 novices, mostly prov nov's. I wanna give back to the sport and help a new group along, I think Super Teams is a great way to do just that. A bit more relaxed atmosphere. I am meeting Ignacio of 316 Track Days this Saturday to discuss if/how we can promote this to 316. I personally feel some track day riders that are on the fence might see this as an opportunity to get out to an event.

I get that changes need to be made, I liked the Saturday Sprints personally. But, I am done Sprint racing for the foreseeable future. I hope Super Team's is considered, but I understand the need to use the day wisely and cover the costs. Walter, you mentioned it was gonna be a tough decision, so I've kind of known all along it wasn't a given. Which is why I asked before I got too deep into planning and recruiting.

Thanks,

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Quote Originally Posted by John Orchard View Post
    I’m hopeful that the club puts together a concerted effort to get the word out about the SuperTeam’s race, how it works, who can participate and what bikes are eligible to be run.

The entire idea was designed to be the most simple track time with as few rules as possible at an affordable cost point for members. The rules accomplished exactly that, however there isn’t enough of an understanding of who and what can participate.

This lack of understanding of how SuperTeams works was further compounded by officials incorrectly clarifying rules and questions from members who wanted to participate but were wrongly told no. I appreciate Walters acknowledgement of this specific issue and I’m sure that this is being addressed.

I’m hearing that big bike sprints may be moved back to Sunday. I think this would further encourage SuperTeams entries since it would be the primary riding option on Saturday for big bikes.

I’m not aware of another proposal that’s on the table to replace SuperTeams on the non endurance weekends. Maybe there is a really good one in the works, however, it would be great to see what seems to be a significant value in the SuperTeams race given the necessary focus and encouragement for a chance to succeed before it gets pulled from the Saturday program.

Looking forward to the schedule updates to come. Thanks to those putting in the time to make the CMRA be successful.

There were two instances of an Official misinforming competitors about Superteams. Those mistakes were pointed out and that Official was brought up to speed on the rules. I do have to point out that the correct information is readily available in the rule book. All a competitor needs to do is read it.

While its unfortunate that those two teams did not participate it would not have made much difference if they had. As I mentioned above we needed 6 additional Superteams entries at every event this season just to break even on the cost per hour. I understand that in the grand scheme of things the cost per hour thing doesn't mean all that much if the other events running on the same day with Superteams cover the nut. Unfortunately that was not the case.

Some of our ULW riders have asked that we go back to the split schedule we had in 2018. Unfortunately that will be impossible. The combined schedule was frankly a necessity due to the additional ULW classes that were added for 2019. We had 10 ULW classes in 2018, that grew to 16 in 2019. One option that has been discussed to replace Superteams is double sprint weekends. F1, F2, A B C D Superbike and Superstock, and LWT would get two races each spread over Saturday and Sunday. Obviously we need to get this all nailed down very soon. We have a BoD meeting scheduled for this weekend. Finalizing the event schedules is on the agenda.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Walker View Post
    One option that has been discussed to replace Superteams is double sprint weekends. F1, F2, A B C D Superbike and Superstock, and LWT would get two races each spread over Saturday and Sunday.
    I don't know the answer but please don't do this. It will kill the CMRA in my opinion. That's double cost on three or 4 weekends. For people chasing points and on a budget it will discourage them participating since they may not be able to pull off the extra cost. Without racing in the extra races there is no way to be points competitive and if only one race counts towards totals why race two?

I personally think this would reduce participation not increase.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I understand you have to do what's best for the club.