Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: We could be heroes...

Bike #

We could be heroes...

I came upon this today... does this mean I have to shower on race weekends now?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...oad-racing-doc

Bike #
    O_O

$400,000?!?!?

That's a hefty budget for a documentary like that. I won't question the legitimacy before doing research but Marcus McBain also with the CMRA is doing something similar

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/rp...oadracing-team

And their $75,000 goal includes the sale of 2 motorcycles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis King View Post
    O_O

$400,000?!?!?

That's a hefty budget for a documentary like that. I won't question the legitimacy before doing research but Marcus McBain also with the CMRA is doing something similar

www.indiegogo.com/projects/rpsraceteam-com-motorcycle-roadracing-team

And their $75,000 goal includes the sale of 2 motorcycles.
    Two totally different projects with two totally different goals.

The Kickstarter project is an "all or nothing" project where if the funds are not raised, the project contributions go back to the people that pledged them. It is also a project for just doing the documentary with additional benefits to the club, in particular.

Contact Shandra Crawford for some up to date information on the Kickstarter project, I think there will be a lot of benefits. Not to take away from RPS' project, I am sure Marcus is providing exactly what he's promising when goals are met and that the project is quite worthy; I'm just illustrating that these are two completely different projects with completely different goals.

If you check the web site, the minimum contribution is $5 to the Kickstarter project.

You're like a kid in a batman costume at Halloween....you think you're cute...and you think you're batman.
    -Author name withheld to protect the further embarrassment of the guilty

Status
    Expert
    Blog Entries
    Best of luck to John on his fundraising
    Last edited by marcus mcbain; 03-02-2014 at 11:22 AM.
    Marcus McBain
    Market Manager - United States
    JRi Shocks LLC

Bike #
    I think it can be done with the right touch and narrative. Look at Ron Howard with "Rush".

When I watched "Dust to Glory" about the Baja 1000, it brought the entire sport to a new level for me. I follow it to this day and its on my bucket list to go... soon. Good luck Marcus!

I made a big investment in the last Kickstarter CMRA documentary. I saw a lot of potential in the work. I have been disappointed with the results. People can have the funding, but lack other resources to complete the mission. I will not invest in another Kickstarter fund drive. I will invest in ME.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    I decided I could skip the dinner and margaritas and have a sandwich at home, so I contributed a little.
    Novice #728
    Lucas Oil - Vesrah - BD Racing - Vortex Racing - Shorai Batteries - Sidi Boots - Josh Henke
    Torquasaurus #98

Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Van Antwerp View Post
    I made a big investment in the last Kickstarter CMRA documentary. I saw a lot of potential in the work. I have been disappointed with the results. People can have the funding, but lack other resources to complete the mission. I will not invest in another Kickstarter fund drive. I will invest in ME.
    How unfortunate, sorry to hear that. I thought it was cool that someone was documenting something about our racing passion. The tenacity and guts I witness is unbelievable...

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    In many ways, wasn't this type of a documentary already put into this movie (that's not even a full year old yet)? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2960470/?ref_=nv_sr_1
    YouTube "N7HEVN"
    2011 / 2012 / 2013 / 2016, #628

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Van Antwerp View Post
    That was a different deal Ray; that was a documentary that someone was doing for their Masters degree if I recall correctly. That money went straight to the person making the film. Not sure what happened to that either?

Anyway, this one is different because if it doesn't make the deadline and doesn't get produced, you get your money back. There are lots of added benefits too because portions of the proceeds go back to the CMRA and I also saw a press release that places proceeds to the RRW Action Fund.

This project is different than the money you gave to the project from a couple years ago.
    You're like a kid in a batman costume at Halloween....you think you're cute...and you think you're batman.
    -Author name withheld to protect the further embarrassment of the guilty