Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reiteration to the membership, please read!!

Steve McNamara

Reiteration to the membership, please read!!

Good afternoon,

Please take the time to read the CMRA message board policy below.
    It sickens me to see the blatant insults, accusations and outright lack of respect for the BOD, staff and other members on this forum!!

Any violation of this policy will result in a warning, a repeat offense will lose posting privilege's.
    This club is a "family" and as many have expressed a place to enjoy the friendship and challenge of competition.
    Many here are doing their best to sour this experience or to "stir up" recent events now in court. This will no longer be tolerated.

The BOD sincerely appreciates all of the e mails, PM's as well as sincere gratitude expressed openly in our forum.
    WE will always do our best to provide a quality product at the best value to the members possible.
    Sincerely,

Steven McNamara
    CMRA President of the B.O.D.

Message Board Policy

The CMRA message board’s primary purpose is for official announcements and to disseminate information pertinent to club activity. It is also provided as a service for the membership to communicate and socialize with each other. It should be considered a digital extension of our fun loving family atmosphere that makes us the best racing organization there is. The entire world can see what is posted and potential new members get their first impressions of our club from what they read. We should ensure our persona online is representative of the CMRA we’re all so proud to be members of.

Ideally an online community would be self-policing, only requiring intervention in the rarest of circumstances. However, recent activity on the CMRA message board has brought to light the need for more proactive moderation. This will not affect the great majority of members, but moving forward, the few members that are unable to type civil messages or interact politely with others may lose their posting privileges without warning.

Please take a moment to re-familiarize yourself with the message board rules:
    http://www.cmraracing.com/faq.php

Particularly the following:

* Respect your fellow members. We do not tolerate rudeness, insults, or 'trolling'. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive may be banned without warning. By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise in violation of any laws.
    * You may not post words or URLs that are censored by adding spaces, dots, or substituting characters; or by any other means in an attempt to defeat swear filters. Please contact us if you feel a word or URL is unjustly censored, or if you think certain words should be added to the filter.

Please report any offensive material using the “Report Post” button so that it may be dealt with swiftly:
    http://www.cmraracing.com/images/report.png

If the abusive behavior continues unabated then the social aspects of the message board will be removed so that it can continue to serve for official CMRA business only. For questions regarding this or any other issue please use the Contact page to open an official line of communication: http://www.cmraracing.com/content.php?6-contact

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I think that is a great idea every one should get along we all see each other compete and enjoy it to everyone have a great week can't wait to see see you all at the first round

To heck with blocking their posting privileges... Make it real, keep them away from the track for a round, dock points or something else when they act foolish and offend the leadership and membership of the club. Make it clear to those foolish and childish enough to act this way that it will not be tolerated and that those actions will be handled abruptly and harshly as to terminate the action as well as hopefully reduce future actions of the same nature.

Good deal, I am sick of seeing all the drama lately! I'm here for current racing topics and friendships. All the other bs has been poison to me and many others! Ready to get back to racing!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    FYI, You can get rid of all posts from any user:

1. Near top of screen click on Forum Actions.
    2. Select General Settings.
    3. Left side click Edit Ignore List.
    4. Add names to list.
    5. Click Save Changes.
    Expert #325
    Boulder, Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Corder View Post

4. Add names to list.
    5. Click Save Changes.
    Or, users could follow the rules, which is the apparent message in the original post here. Either way.
    You're like a kid in a batman costume at Halloween....you think you're cute...and you think you're batman.
    -Author name withheld to protect the further embarrassment of the guilty

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Corder View Post

4. Add names to list.
    5. Click Save Changes.
    I believe this is blatant disregard for my first amendment rights. I'm suing.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Stewart View Post
    I believe this is blatant disregard for my first amendment rights. I'm suing.
    You have no rights. Quitter.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Staton Shed View Post
    You have no rights. Quitter.
    Clearly, you're not a Bernie supporter. #feelthebern