Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Riding up in classes

Riding up in classes

I have to ask why, when I continually here(this past weekend included) about the dire financial challenges the club faces on any given event weekend, why can we not try and increase a couple of entries by allowing a SB to run up in class? There should be absolutely no performance indexing argument as every step up in class is a major step up in absolute HP. I was protested as a result of running my 400 in D and once deemed legal for this weekend, ran .1 off my PB. Now I did crash(Hallett isn't my best track) but it wasn't because I was riding over my head to achieve the lap times. I was no closer nor further away from the usual suspects in the D SS class.

If we are going to complain about the financial stability of the club, we need our board and representatives to make some sound and common sense decisions in order to do so. Allowing a SB to run up in class is a simple stroke of the pen solution. Take a pole, see how many people might be interested in running their SB's up in class. Im guessing you might see $750-1k more entries worth of weekend money. Anything helps!

My .02 after continually hearing about finances.

To clarify what Derek is asking is for a SUPERBIKE to "race up" in a SUPERSPORT class.. Example is Ninja 400 Superbike mod up to D superstock/supersport...OR R6 superbike up to B supersport/superstock. Current rules in layman terms is once its a superbike its always a superbike in any class due to the modifications.
    Not just "riding up" .

I'm just posting to clarify not to encourage either side of the conversation.
    Danny

Thanks for clarifying, DD. Helpful as always. Danny has better explained my thoughts better than I could. Man I must have hit my head harder than I thought last weekend!

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    I'm not on the tech side, but i'd like to know as well. HP/Mods for a SuperBike build when racing up shouldn't interfere with a Stock class? So the 400 Superbikes would be allowed in D Superstock and D Superbike, i'm assuming they are not allowed as of now?

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Seems to me the only time it’s really an advantage is a C Superbike in B Superstock…cuz only C Superstock bikes are in B Superstock
    Provisional Expert #98

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey Lewis View Post
    I'm not on the tech side, but i'd like to know as well. HP/Mods for a SuperBike build when racing up shouldn't interfere with a Stock class? So the 400 Superbikes would be allowed in D Superstock and D Superbike, i'm assuming they are not allowed as of now?
    Our current rules do not allow Superbike machines to ride up in SuperSTOCK classes. An example being a Ninja 400 with Superbike modifications riding up into D SuperSTOCK. Superbike modifications can be a simple as a modified airbox all the way up to big bore kits, ported heads, and cams. Policing this would be nearly impossible. Keep in mind we have Superbike classes available for riders like Derek that want to ride up.

The handful of additional entries that allowing this might bring in will likely be offset by the entries lost when riders start dropping their SuperSTOCK classes because Superbikes are being allowed. Rather than change the rules why not follow the current rules and run a SuperSTOCK legal machine in both SuperSTOCK and Superbike classes that the machine fits then ride up to do more races.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I personally wouldn’t care if a SB SV650 rode up into C superstock. More entries, more people to ride with, assuming it can even keep up with a 600. I doubt others would. Very different than same class. Just one person’s opinion
    Provisional Expert #98

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Henke View Post
    I personally wouldn’t care if a SB SV650 rode up into C superstock. More entries, more people to ride with, assuming it can even keep up with a 600. I doubt others would. Very different than same class. Just one person’s opinion
    FYI as a Novice our current #1 plate holder in the lightweight division regularly rode up in the C & B classes on an SV and was a regular top 3 finisher.
    Good riders on SuperSTOCK legal Ninja 400s are very competitive in D SuperSTOCK.

Blurring the line between SuperSTOCK and Superbike classes more than it already is WILL lead to more cheating. As mentioned there are plenty of Superbike classes available to these riders. Changing the rules on this is not the answer.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990

A quick thought...Walter you may be able to answer....But if we allow this suggestion will it, or could it effect manufacturer contingency in the SUPERSPORT/SUPERSTOCK classes should a contingency supplier disagree with this rule change?

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Dominguez View Post
    A quick thought...Walter you may be able to answer....But if we allow this suggestion will it, or could it effect manufacturer contingency in the SUPERSPORT/SUPERSTOCK classes should a contingency supplier disagree with this rule change?
    Yes it could very well affect manufacturer contingency programs.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990