Thread: 2008 Yamaha R6 Motor for sale....making a noise

2008 Yamaha R6 Motor for sale....making a noise

I have a 2008 Yamaha R6 motor for sale with 2,500 total miles on it. Only about half of those are race miles and the rest are street miles. I bought the bike to race the Isle of Man on and was pretty confident the motor was going to be fine even that place. In addition the bike had only been crashed one time. The majority of the time it sat in my friend's garage. I took it to one Lone Star Track day and it ran great. However, during TC practice at ECR the bike started making a noise and felt like it was losing power. I immediately pulled in and dropped the motor off at a shop the next day. He said the leakdown looked perfect, plugs looked fine, valves looked fine, oil was clean, etc etc.It could be electrical or injector related. So…I replaced the plugs, coils, injectors, ECU, and wiring harness. Reinstalled the motor and it started fine and sounded great. After warming it and taking it down the street it started doing exact the same thing. I don’t have time to deal with this so I pulled the motor and replaced it with another one. The oil also looked brand new when I drained it the 2nd time.

This motor would make someone a great race builder or have it fixed for a spare . I also pulled the oil pan and can’t see any sign of metal shavings or bluing. It has Woodcraft case covers and Graves block off plates ($300 plus worth of stuff) as well. $500 and you can pick it up in Dallas.
    Last edited by Craig Montgomery; 07-09-2014 at 05:42 PM.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    does it go vroom vroom?
    Lone Star Track Days www.lstd.com - Vesrah Brake Pads - 212Decals.com

Sold....