Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Rule Book Posted!

Lastly, lets say Rider A races LWT bikes and 600s and wins 9 classes, of which only his best three finishes every weekend go towards the overall. Rider B is racing a liter bike and wins all three classes and has a perfect season (wins every race). At the end of the year, they are tied in points. Who should get the number one plate if they never once competed directly against each other. Please answer rider A or B.

It's all in the rule book how that works.

The Expert rider with the most points will be issued the #1 plate for the following season, and will also be recognized as the CMRA Club Champion. The rider with the second highest points total will be issued the #2 plate, etc., until 10 riders have been issued the numbers 1 through 10. In the event of a tie, the rider who has the most first place finishes will be awarded the position. If there is still a tie, the rider who has the most second place finishes will be awarded the position. The criteria will move to third place finishes and so on until a clear winner can be determined.
    Assuming a 10 round season, we know racer B won 30 races. We don't know how many races racer A won. I think we would have to assume that racer A likely won at least 30 races over the course of the season. Even if they tied at 30 race wins, racer A will have more 2nd, 3rd or further down finishes. Racer B only wins if Racer A won less than 30 races, which doesn't seem likely if they won 9 different classes.

Racer B should have bought another bike if they were shooting for the #1 overall under the current rules, but you already knew that :D

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael De Simone View Post
    It's all in the rule book how that works.

Assuming a 10 round season, we know racer B won 30 races. We don't know how many races racer A won. I think we would have to assume that racer A likely won at least 30 races over the course of the season. Even if they tied at 30 race wins, racer A will have more 2nd, 3rd or further down finishes. Racer B only wins if Racer A won less than 30 races, which doesn't seem likely if they won 9 different classes.

Racer B should have bought another bike if they were shooting for the #1 overall under the current rules, but you already knew that :D
    Racer A will have more 2nd, and 3rd by virtue of having the opportunity to run more classes. By the way, both racer A and racer B are total badasses when it comes to racing motorcycles.

Wrong answer. Next.
    Last edited by Joseph Caruso; 01-15-2018 at 12:00 PM.
    Sometimes the journey is more important than the destination.
    Racing support: The Metric Garage

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Orr View Post
    Can't we just google it?
    You can. Or you can just talk to enough of those old guys that seem to hang around the club.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Caruso View Post
    You can. Or you can just talk to enough of those old guys that seem to hang around the club.
    I will corner one of the DD's at the banquet and see what they have to say.
    Novice #728
    Lucas Oil - Vesrah - BD Racing - Vortex Racing - Shorai Batteries - Sidi Boots - Josh Henke
    Torquasaurus #98

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Orr View Post
    I will corner one of the DD's at the banquet and see what they have to say.

Its already been stated in this post what the BoD decided. And Michael, the BoD decided that Racer A should have been the one buying the motorcycle. At least thats what the old guy told me.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Caruso View Post
    Racer A will have more 2nd, and 3rd by virtue of having the opportunity to run more classes. By the way, both racer A and racer B are total badasses when it comes to racing motorcycles.

Wrong answer. Next.
    That's pretty much exactly what I said. Those 2nd & 3rd place finishes only matter if they tie on first places finishes and that would be unlikely.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    There is also more points awarded for larger grids. EX: 1st place in HW Twins with only 10 racers receives 45 points, 1st place in CSB with 11 racers receives 48 points, 1st on F1 with 26 racers receives 52 points towards the overall. Indicative of the overall objective with regards towards the #1 plate.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael De Simone View Post
    That's pretty much exactly what I said. Those 2nd & 3rd place finishes only matter if they tie on first places finishes and that would be unlikely.
    Tied on first place finishes. Not unlikely.

30 wins across 30 races vs 30 wins across 90 races. Who gets it?

And I'm sure Racer A won more than 30 races although I concede I do not know how many. Racer B won every race he ran. I don't know if racer A did but he can chime in any time. Both accomplishments are impressive, but if you had to pick, which would you pick.
    Last edited by Joseph Caruso; 01-15-2018 at 01:14 PM.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by David Dahms View Post
    There is also more points awarded for larger grids. EX: 1st place in HW Twins with only 10 racers receives 45 points, 1st place in CSB with 11 racers receives 48 points, 1st on F1 with 26 racers receives 52 points towards the overall. Indicative of the overall objective with regards towards the #1 plate.
    Correct but not relevant. The same exact points at the end of the season. 30 wins vs 30 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by David Dahms View Post
    David, Doc wrote in the original story question, that they're TIED lol :D

And Michael, that "Tie Breaker" is indicative of ONLY the 30 races used for scoring.

But YEAH, Doc's correct, they're BOTH amazing racers!!! I'm sticking with C) BOTH get #1 plates, since they'll never be head-to-head, heck we already have a Crimson #1 in 2018!