Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Provisional Novice requirements, caution and race revenue

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I loved my Yellow Shirt, was the only time i was able to be out front in a race and people gave me uber amounts of room like i was a mad man about to crash! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Yuan View Post
    I loved my Yellow Shirt, was the only time i was able to be out front in a race and people gave me uber amounts of room like i was a mad man about to crash! lol
    Some of us have better experiences than others. Not complaining but I donít see there being a difference in space with or without my shirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    My PN buddy this weekend only entered two sprint races as well so he could complete the requirements and not have to start over. This is an interesting thought as far as revenue (I'm not sure how much real $$ it would be worth in the scheme of things), but I'm glad folks are thinking like this to help the club. If the CMRA does not make money, we all lose...
    '13 and '17 Daytonas
    '14 Duc 1199R
    '14 Grom
    South Central Race Center
    Pirelli

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Mathews View Post
    My PN buddy this weekend only entered two sprint races as well so he could complete the requirements and not have to start over. This is an interesting thought as far as revenue (I'm not sure how much real $$ it would be worth in the scheme of things), but I'm glad folks are thinking like this to help the club. If the CMRA does not make money, we all lose...
    Good to see I'm not the only one

Esteemed BoD, if you are reading this, please consider relaxing the no-crash rule to 2 consecutive sprints only in 2 separate events (or equivalent endurance time). For example, if I race 2 sprints on a Saturday morning as a provnov and don't crash, I can then race in other qualified classes that Sat afternoon or Sunday without concerns of having to start my event over to meet requirements.

With the addition of the Track Experience and other efforts to build the novice pipeline, I believe this change is a good compromise between safety/revenue and will increase overall event participation.

Just want to make sure everyone understands that a Provisional Novice racer has 12 months from the date of their school to complete their four requirements: 2 days of corner working and 2 race weekends without crashing (minimum of two races per weekend). Weekends do not have to be consecutive. If a Prov Nov crashes on a weekend, they don't start over. They just don't receive a sign-off on their license for that weekend. They try again the next weekend.

Once they have a signature on their Prov Nov license, they never have to repeat that requirement.
    Nancy Selleck
    Retired CMRA Administrator (October 2002 - March 2009, March 2010 - July 2018)